Product of BNE Workshop
Gamification Design Worksheet
- Want to keep up to date with gamification? Scroll to the bottom of this page and sign up for email updates.
- Want to dig deeper into gamification design? Work through the gamification lessons.
- Keep in touch! Drop me a line if you have questions, want feedback on your ideas or want to work with me.
- Check out the Gamification Geek Facebook page for gamification-related news and updates.
- Video: Dan Pink - The Puzzle of Motivation
- An excellent video that provides a succinct summary of motivational research and the workplace. Dan Pink highlights in particular that traditional rewards aren't always as effective as we think.
- Book: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- If you watched the video above and you want more, you can always check out the book behind it. This is a great read for those interested in the underlying research and it contains a number of useful tools for a number of different contexts.
- Book: Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn
- If you're looking for even more detailed research on motivation then look no further. Alfie Kohn provides an extensive review of motivational psychology literature in this book.
- Book: How to Lead a Quest by Dr Jason Fox
- Not only has he got one of the best names in the business, Dr Jason Fox also has one of the best books to help guide leaders in the workplace. A must read.
- Book: Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull (with Amy Wallace)
- Ed Catmull created Pixar and provides some excellent insight and advice to his adventure from researcher to leader of one of the most creative companies ever.
References & Links
- Gaming facts in Australia: Digital Australia Report 2016
- Gaming facts in the USA: Industry Facts - The Entertainment Software Association
- World of Warcraft total play time: When Gaming Is Good for You
- Read more on SDT: Self-Determination Theory
Other photos and figures used include: