Changing the Game - ACT Workshop 2017
- Want to keep up to date with the latest gamification news and design posts? Scroll to the bottom of this page and sign up for email updates.
- Want to dig deeper into gamification design? Work through the gamification lessons.
- Keep in touch! Drop me a line if you have questions, want feedback on your ideas or want to work with me.
- Check out the Gamification Geek Facebook page for gamification-related news and updates.
- Video: Dan Pink - The Puzzle of Motivation
- An excellent video that provides a succinct summary of motivational research and the workplace. Dan Pink highlights in particular that traditional rewards aren't always as effective as we think.
- Book: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- If you watched the video above and you want more, you can always check out the book behind it. This is a great read for those interested in the underlying research and it contains a number of useful tools for a number of different contexts.
- Book: Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn
- If you're looking for even more detailed research on motivation then look no further. Alfie Kohn provides an extensive review of motivational psychology literature in this book.
- Book: How to Lead a Quest by Dr Jason Fox
- Not only has he got one of the best names in the business, Dr Jason Fox also has one of the best books to help guide leaders in the workplace. A must read.
Other photos and figures used include:
- NYC subway, waiting for the train by Stacy - CC BY-SA 2.0
- Escalator and stairs from West Dublin/Pleasanton station platform by Eric Fisher - CC BY-SA 2.0
- 24-hour gym with escalators, source unknown. Available from imgur.
- Piano Stairs - Behind the scenes by KJ Vogelius - CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
- Graph adapted from Google Trends search on Gamification
- oh a typical gamer by allison.johnston - CC BY 2.0
- Carrot And Stick Incentives Lead Manage by Alan O'Rourke (Audience Stack) Background was removed - CC BY 2.0
- Flow Theory